Community Cleveland is a place for the friends of God to dream about the things that he is putting in the hearts of simple people. It's a place to be honest and to find truth. What is church? Why church? Does church work? Let's find out together and see what Jesus will do among friends.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

commune... ism?

So I'm sitting in an old theater writing in my journal and compiling some thoughts about community. As I attempt to write the word "community" I involuntarily write the word communist. Communist? I thought that was strange and crossed out the word to rewrite "community". As I did it I heard the Lord say,"No, I said communist!". Now this is strange I thought. Communism has been such an evil and oppressive system surely God can't be calling me a communist... I DON'T WANT TO BE A COMMUNIST! So I look up the definition for communism... here it is:

Communism. A concept or belief that proposes an ideal of equality and shared resources in a given society.

This of course is the short version of what communism stands for. The reality is that as God spoke he began to show me that it was communism but actually commun.... ism. "Commun" is the root of many words that represent ideals that we are searching for.

*commun-ity
*commun-e
*commun-ion
*commun-ication

Isn't that what we want? Isn't it? A place to belong, a place to be loved, a place to share the deepest darkest fears of your heart in total safety. A place where life lives. Aren't you longing for a place where love flows so freely that needs are met by each other? A place where we find Jesus together? How does it happen? To be honest I don't know exactly how. We are asking all of these questions in order to find the truth and walk in it. I know this, two heads are better than one. Maybe through committed love motivated relationships we'll begin to see the thing that our hearts long for begin to be formed. Maybe commun-ism is for me after all, maybe you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home